When I started this “blog” I had all these great intentions to post all kinds of recipes and other goodies. It started with recipes because many of my friends have asked for recipes only to hear that a) whatever I made is way simpler than they thought, or b) I have no idea what the recipe is, because it’s not from a cookbook and I just threw something together from whatever I had on hand.
I’ve clearly not posted anything for a while, so here are my various excuses, and I hope anyone who actually reads this will forgive me 🙂 In the 10 or so months since my last post I have:
- Graduated from law school
- Found a full-time job
- Got married!
- Hubby moved from Iowa to Washington, DC, because he loves me, and this is where I think my career is and will be.
- Took (and passed!) the New York bar exam.
- Hubby found a job
- We moved from my tiny 1 room studio into a 1br with den. On the opposite side of town, so hubby could walk to work – I don’t mind the metro ride (hello built-in reading time!) but he hates commuting with a fiery passion.
- Our new apartment allows dogs, so after 3+ years of waiting to get my own furball, we adopted a rescue dog from a local shelter! He’s a 4 year old Treeing Walker Coonhound named Abe, and I’m sure you’ll see lots of him on here. He’s just mischievous enough to keep us on our toes.
Whew, are you tired now? I am.
I’m a big fan of both home decor/DIY and cooking blogs, so my plan at the moment is to replicate that here, but with my own twist. Current thoughts on how I’m going to do this are:
- Add a list of my favorite blogs here so you can read some other (much better) things and get some insight into my interests
- Change my background to something much more fun and colorful
- Take photos of our apartment for y’all to see (I know, I know, I’m from Iowa, and D.C. really isn’t the South, but I love saying y’all. Deal with it. I think it’s way better than “you guys.”)
- Figure out how to take better pictures without buying a new camera. Right now I’m working with the camera on my Android phone or a Canon point-and-shoot that I bought before my summer of study abroad in 2010. I know most bloggers have a DLSR, but I’m not really into photography, so I doubt that’ll ever happen.
Hubby is in the National Guard, and will be going away for 3 weeks to do some training, so hopefully that will leave me with enough time to get some more posts on here. In the meantime, let me leave you with a cute picture or two of Abe (a.k.a. Abel, a.k.a. Horrible Hound, a.k.a. Hungry Hound).
Oh, and this cute graphic that I put in our bathroom – inspired by some prints I saw on Etsy and some of the quote prints by my favorite bloggers. None of the ones I saw had quite what I was looking for, so I made my own to match the colors in our bathroom (I have no design or graphic-arts skills, so please don’t hold it against me).